Friday, November 5, 2010

Where the Craftin' Happens

Just thought I'd share where my crafty, DIY projects happen.  It's a little cramped and cozy, but it does the job and Tom doesn't mind me spreading out to take over the guest bedroom when I need to get my craft on.  I just realized how wedding-y it's starting to look in here as I collect things from garage sales, antique stores and Etsy shops! I've started to put up some inspirational things on my bulletin board and have just made a trip to Joann's for supplies, so I see many projects to attack in these photos. I'm go excited to dig in over the winter!


 Have a great weekend!
Fun goodies from Hindsight Bride and Flora Design I won! 
Mom and Dad cutting their cake - February 12, 1976
A favorite image from a Real Simple magazine that reminds
me of my mom's backyard and a button that says, "I'd rather be at Pemberley." I'm a die-hard Jane Austen fan.
My mom on her wedding day. So beautiful. I love her dress so much!
Cute bird feeder / decoration from future sister-in-law, Jen, given at 
our engagement party. So cute. She knows how I love birds! Not ready to put 
this outside yet. Maybe next Spring.Also can see my finished oilcloth 
chalkboard fabric banner from my Wholly Craft class.
Grandma Dot's Kenmore sewing machine I love and my new glue gun!
Comfest mug (filled with coins for the craftin' budget) and some felt 

and paper for some of my possible wedding decor projects!
Garage sale found canning jars and cigar box, engagement cards from friends 
and family, sand dollar from childhood, and another favorite Berkley Illustration 
print.  Also engagement ring box and Paloma's Nest bouquet adornment 
I can't wait to add to a beautiful bouquet of dahlias!
Can't have too many tea lights or glue gun sticks! I got 'em on sale.
Another thrift store candy bowl find.  Amazing nested tea tins I got
for $10 total. A bunch of stamps and some other childhood finds. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. And thanks for the link love hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great ideas jess!! what a wonderful way to share this special year!
    xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete