Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hello World!

Yesterday, I decided that I was going to start a blog to capture many of the DIY projects I'm thinking about tackling for my upcoming wedding, also the holidays, birthdays and whatever else may inspire me along the way.

My name is Jess and I live in Columbus, Ohio. I have a regular 9-5 job and I also run a non-profit organization for local musicians (Columbus Music Co-op) with my best bud Erin and I'm a local musician myself (Bush League All-Stars, The Celebrity Pilots). 

I like to grow veggies and flowers and dig in my garden, bake gluten-free goodies, watch movies, take naps with our two cats (Squiggy and Neil Patrick Harris), go bird-watching and hiking, and do all kinds of DIY crafty projects. I'm a DIY dabbler, if you will.  I like taking classes at Wholly Craft, our local resource for crafty individuals who want to sell their wares on commission or learn new techniques.  I knit a little, do felt projects and origami, make my own vodka infusions from time to time, make lots of holiday gifts for friends and family, sew on the 'ol Kenmore sewing machine, draw a little, scrapbook and decoupage abit, re-hab old furniture and just generally enjoy DIY projects and good design.

I'm engaged to my soulmate - an insanely caring and supportive, smart and witty guitar-wielding bad-ass electrical engineer - Tom, or T-bone as we call him sometimes. He does his own DIY projects - building effects pedals, synths, sequencers and amplifiers and modifying his arsensal of guitars. Anything having to do with LOST, baseball, Tron, Daft Punk, builiding things, Nikola Tesla or Stephen Malkmus' gear makes him happy.

I hope you'll follow along if you find something that interests or humors you here!

Wishing you all the best in your own journeys...

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment