Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Love Letter to AmyD

So, my first intro to Columbus craftin' was through Amy D of Made by AmyD.  I hope she she knows this, but I love her dearly.

Here she is, looking as adorable as ever, showing off some of her wares at the North Market:

She was so enthusiastic about the CMC when we first met and also about local music and I loved that about her! Did I mention, she's HILARIOUS too? I had a girl crush on her instantly. We would often chat at Earwig shows about all kinds of crafty ideas, our love of all things Ohio and other juicy local topics. A girl after my own heart.

Amy D made me 2 amazing custom skirts to wear while rockin' out (when I was broke as hell). I told people about her amazing skills and wore her skirts while rockin' out to help cross-promote. That's how we do. And she also made some CMC coffee coozies (here's an image of one of her awesome Ohio State ones):
Through her, I found out about Wholly Craft, Craftin' Outlaws (one of my favorite events of the year), Ohio Rollergirls, crafty classes and lots of other fun events and awesome people. I'm not sure she realizes the impact she's had on me and the CMC.

One of my favorites of her new collection, which was shown off at the Wholly Craft 5th Anniversary Party / Made by AmyD fashion show is... wait for it... CAPES!! I love these!
Pic by Aaron/ Tsururadio!
It's the perfect weather for a cape. Too warm for a coat, too chilly for just a t-shirt. I think everyone should add one of these to their fall wardrobe this year. Support your local crafters and check out Amy D at her website and on Etsy!

1 comment:

  1. am i allowed to comment here? i had no idea. i thought this adoration and love was a one-way street. You, Jess Faller, have made my year. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete